Our PTFA is a registered charity whose main aim is to raise money for our school. As a parent of a child/children you are automatically a member of the PTFA.
The PTFA meets once every half term to discuss and plan fundraising events such as the Christmas and Summer fayres, discos and family fun nights. Our PTFA also help to co-ordinate the annual leavers’ party and other school events, such as a sponsored walk. This year, our money-raising focus is new playground equipment. We also fund the Holy Communion church flowers and the Y6 leavers’ party.
Please consider how you can help our PTFA raise money. There are many different ways our parents, carers and families help out:
- Attending half termly meetings.
- Becoming a member of the PTFA committee – helping to co-ordinate our fundraisers.
- Helping out at PTFA events – selling crisps and sweets at the disco, manning a stall at a fayre, setting up at the fayre beforehand or tidying up afterwards.
- Donating a prize for the day raffle at the fayre.
- Supporting events such as non-uniform day (£1 cost or a jar of sweets), donating a prize on ‘Tombola Tuesday’.
- Using your company’s match-funding scheme.
Our meetings are informal and last about an hour. We try to vary the time and day our meetings take place to enable different people to attend. Please feel free to join us at any of our meetings – we would love your help! We welcome any ideas and offers of help. Look out for our half termly newsletters for more information or please ask at the school office. We also have a Facebook page: ‘St Teresa’s PTFA Up Holland’ - please like us! We look forward to meeting you.
PTFA Committee Members
Chairperson — Ian McGrath
Vice Chairperson — Nicola Lyons and Janine Lushchan
Treasurer — Caroline Righton
Secretary - Lorraine Greaves
Committee Members - Jill Cruickshanks, Denise Scarisbrick, Catherine Phillips, Rachel Harkin, Adele Vieceli, Emma Stretton and Elaine Prescott.